Thursday, July 20, 2017

Whole Wheat Pasta with Roasted Pepper and Chicken Sausage


One of the best things to have a food blog is that I get a chance to try different varieties of dishes so that I can feed my blog. This is one of the recipes which I was thinking to make for so long, as I was not sure about broiling. One day I tried and this is the result.

Broiled Bell Pepper
Pasta is one of the most preferred dinners on any day in my house. My kids, even the small one, love the pasta made in any sauce. They love Mac and Cheese a lot. So I make sure that they get all the healthy nutrients by adding lots of veggies. By adding different varieties of cheese and herbs, we can make the pasta more delicious and flavorful.


In this recipe, I broiled the bell peppers till it becomes soft and the skin came out easily. We can also roast these bell peppers on the stove top. These freshly roasted peppers will give the pasta a nice smoky taste. I have mixed both penne and fusilli pasta. We can also add cooked chicken pieces instead of sausage. As my kids love to eat the small round discs of sausage I add them a lot. This recipe takes less time to prepare and can be enjoyed by all.


Here I have added the chopped garlic at first so that the garlic flavor is infused in the oil and the pasta will be full of flavor. Hope you all like this. Try this out and let me know.
Ingredients:
  1. Whole Wheat Penne & Fusilli Pasta ( cooked and drained)- 2 Cups
  2. Red Peppers- 3 nos
  3. Chicken Sausage ( sliced)- 1 Cup
  4. Onions (chopped)- ½ Cup
  5. Garlic (chopped)- 3 tbsp
  6. Olive Oil- 2 tbsp
  7. Tomatoes (chopped)- 3 nos
  8. Dried Oregano- 2 tbsp
  9. Dried Basil- 1 tbsp
  10. Salt- as required
  11. Black Pepper Powder- 2 Tsp
Method:

  1. Broil the red peppers in the oven, high for about 10 minutes, rotating in between. When done keep this aside and remove the charred skin when cooled. Slice into pieces.
  2. Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic. Let it simmer for some time, till the flavors are infused in the oil. Add the chopped onions and stir till becomes translucent.
  3. Add the sliced sausage, stir till it becomes brown. Add the chopped tomatoes, mix and close with a lid and let this simmer for 5- 10 minutes. By this time the tomatoes will become mushy and everything gets blended well.
  4. Add the dried oregano and dried basil. Mix, add sliced red peppers, salt, and pepper. At last, add the cooked penne pasta, stir to combine and close with a lid. Allow the pasta to cook in the pepper sauce for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...