Once in a while we can have a bowl of warm,cheesy, creamy, goodness. My daughter is a big fan of mac and cheese. Whenever we go out to restaurants, she will have her favorite pasta. I thought if she loves it a lot, then why not try make it at home and here it is. A simple but a creamy rich dish.
You can vary the pasta, by adding boiled veggies, corn, prawns, chicken or anything of your choice. But I made it plain as this is the classical mac and cheese recipe. The addition of ground mustard will give an additional kick to the dish.
Kids will love this amazing cheesy flavorful pasta. Whatever the occasion is, this mac n cheese will always spell comfort.
Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator and can be had anytime by reheating in the oven. If you feel the mac n cheese is dry just add some more milk and heat it on stove top.
If you have an extra time, just bake the mac n cheese in a preheated oven by covering it with a lid or a foil in a casserole dish at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle bread crumbs and few drops of butter on top and bake for about 10 minutes till the top is golden brown.
- Elbow Pasta- 2- 3 cups
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Milk- 2 Cups
- Flour- 2 tbsp
- Cheddar Cheese- ½ Cups
- Parmesan cheese- ¼ cup
- Italian Herbs- 1 tbsp
- Mustard Powder- ¼ tsp
- Chilli flakes- 1 tbsp
- Boil the pasta with required amount of water, salt and little oil and when it gets cooked drain and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add flour on low heat. Whisk thoroughly till the flour gets cooked. Add milk and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat for about 5- 10 minutes. Add the cheddar cheese and parmesan. Stir well till the cheese gets melted and the sauce becomes creamy.
- In the above made cheese sauce add the cooked pasta and mix to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
- In this add the mustard powder,italian herbs and chilli flakes, mix and enjoy hot and creamy mac and cheese.