Eid Mubarak To all
Bakrid called as Id-Ul-Azha is one of the important festivals celebrated by the muslim community all over the world. Festivals are the time where we cook and share delicious food with family and friends.
After the morning eid prayers, the preparations of appetizing meal starts which is from main course to dessert.
Always for eid in my house, it would be a biryani (as my husband and daughter are huge biryani fans) and some kind of dessert. This time for dessert, I thought of preparing something different and ended up with an easy, simple but a luscious dessert, which can be prepared and served within no time. I prepared this, when my biryani was getting cooked. That means, it is very less time consuming dish to prepare.
This is a creamy smooth kheer which naturally thickens when cooled. This is very easy to digest and will be finished within no time as this tastes heavenly.
Just try this out….
- Sabudana/ Tapioca Pearls- ½ Cup
- Milk- 1 Cup
- Water- ½ Cup
- Milkmaid- ½ Cup
- Cardamom Powder- 1 tsp
- Cashews and almonds- few
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter- 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak the tapioca pearls in water for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Boil the soaked tapioca pearls in water, when they turn soft, add milk and milkmaid.
- Stir allowing it to thicken, add the cardamom powder.
- Fry cashews and almonds in ghee and when they turn golden brown, drain on a kitchen towel and chop to small pieces.
- Add these chopped nuts to the kheer and give it a stir, switch off. Enjoy the warm kheer.