Friday, September 2, 2016

Simple and Easy Veggie Omelette


This Veggie omelette is appetizing and easy to make. This is versatile. You can add as many vegetables as you like. Now a days I am in love with broccoli, that I like to include them in my daily menu in one or the other way. Sometimes I simple saute the broccoli florets in olive oil along with salt and pepper and sometimes I like to have them raw. I love salad greens and so I add the broccoli florets in these along with cherry tomatoes and little bit of salad dressing.


Omelette in our house is either plain or just add the regular chopped onions and green chillies. This thought of adding broccoli in egg came when I was about to eat lunch. As my husband doesn’t like veggies, it is better to make when he is not around.. ;) And so I tried this along with capsicum and it was mindblowing. My daughter loves everything what I make and when she came back from school, I gave this as an after snack and she was loving it to the last bite.


This can be had as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. Very filling, tastes good and in no time we can prepare this.
I have posted frittata in one of my earlier posts in which cheese is added and this one is much different Just try this out and let me know.
Ingredients:
  1. Eggs- 2 nos
  2. Onions (chopped)- 1 no
  3. Tomatoes(chopped)- ½ no
  4. Green Chillies (cubed)- ½ no
  5. Red Capsicum (cubed)- ½ no
  6. Broccoli florets- a handful
  7. Salt- as required
  8. Pepper- 1 tsp
  9. Oil- 1 tsp
Method:

  1. Heat oil in a pan. Stir fry onions, green chillies, tomatoes, broccoli and capsicum pieces, till the raw smell disappears. Add salt.
  2. Break and beat the eggs in a bowl and pour this on the sauteed veggies on a low flame.
  3. Sprinkle pepper powder and when it is cooked on one side, flip and enjoy warm omelette.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...