Monday, April 6, 2020

One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff




Mushrooms are a staple in our house. I try different varieties of dishes using mushrooms and one day when I was going through some instagram posts, I came upon my favorite chef "Healthy Living James"page and he posted a new recipe using mushrooms. The name looked familiar, stroganoff. I had chicken stroganoff before, but this one using mushrooms was new to me. The ingredients are also so easily available in our pantry and so I tried making it the same day. It came out perfect and super delicious. We had it along with brown rice for lunch and along with quinoa for dinner.


This one pot dish will be liked by all. This dish only requires minimum ingredients and is not at all time consuming. The mushroom gives a meaty texture, coconut milk gives a creamy flavor to the dish.


Coming to my favorite chef, James, who is a qualified health coach, with a healthy living. His recipes are so easy, simple, quick and healthy dishes. I have tried many of his recipes, one of recipes from his blog that I have posted was Quinoa and Potato cakes. A beautiful blog with amazing recipes. Hope you all will try this mushroom stroganoff . If you tried, please let me know how it turned.


Inspired From Gluten Free Mushroom Stroganoff:
Ingredients:

  1. Mushrooms- 10-15 ( roughly chopped)
  2. Onions- 2 (chopped)
  3. Garlic- 1 tbsp
  4. CoconutMilk- 1 Cup
  5. Dijon Mustard- 1tsp
  6. Red Chili powder- 1 tbsp
  7. Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
  8. Olive Oil- 2 tbsp
  9. Salt- as required

Method:

  1. Heat oil, add the minced garlic, onions. When they turn translucent add the chopped mushrooms and stir till they turn soft.
  2. Add the coconut milk, mustard paste, red chili powder along with salt. Add the lemon juice and let it cook for almost 10 minutes.
  3. When done garnish with some cilantro or parsley and enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. wow those mushrooms look so fresh. I love stroganoffs. hope you and your family are safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much... Stay safe dear...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...