Thursday, January 31, 2013

Soft and moist Coffee Cake

This is the cake which I made last week for my wedding anniversary. As I was little busy with the visit of my in- laws and going here and there, I couldn’t post the cake recipe.

Coffee cakes are of two types, the one which can be eaten with coffee or the one which has a strong coffee flavor.




I wanted to try something different and to bake the cake which I never did before. So keeping in mind my in -laws and husband’s tastes, I ended up baking a coffee flavored cake as all of them are fond of coffee. I found this cake recipe in ria’s collections. It is named as mahogany cake. But as the coffee flavour is too much I named it Coffee Cake. This delicious coffee cake is great for all occasions.




Usually coffee cakes have a delicious crumb topping of the nuts. But as it has a rich and buttery flavor I dont want to add any more calories to this. That is why I didn’t decorate the cake with whipping cream. This cake is so soft and moist that when you sprinkle the coffee syrup it will get absorbed quickly. The brown colour of my cake is due to addition of cocoa powder. If you want you can reduce or even avoid the cocoa powder.

Ingredients:

  1. Maida / All purpose flour- 1 ⅓Cups
  2. Baking soda- ¼ tsp
  3. Boiling water- ½ cup
  4. Coffee powder- 2 tsp
  5. Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp
  6. Sugar- ¾ cup
  7. Eggs- 2 nos
  8. Salt- a pinch
  9. Vinegar- ½ tsp
  10. Vanilla extract- 1tsp
  11. Butter- 150 gms
Soaking Syrup:
  1. Coffee powder- 2tsp
  2. Boiled water- ¼ cup
  3. Sugar- 1 tbsp
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
  2. Dissolve coffee in boiled water. Add cocoa powder and mix and keep it aside.
  3. Cream the butter and sugar till creamy and in this add the eggs and beat well till fluffy.
  4. Add vinegar and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking soda and salt alternately along with coffee- cocoa mixture.
  5. After mixing pour this batter in the prepared greased tin and bake for about 30- 40 minutes or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For the soaking syrup
  • Mix the sugar and coffee powder in the boiled water and keep it aside to cool.
  • After the cake is baked pour the coffee syrup (just about 3- 4 tbsps) on the warm cake little by little.
  • Decorate as you wish and cut this soft and moist cake into slices.




5 comments:

  1. Yummy and irresistible..love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and super tempting cake, looks simply beautiful and gorgeous. Btw its 2 eggs or 2cups of beaten eggs??

    ReplyDelete
  3. belated Anniversary wishes dear, Cake looks extremely delicious..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...