Sunday, October 20, 2013

Andhra Style Prawns Masala

I ignored my blog during these dussera vacations as I am enjoying the vacations in Kerala.Getting pampered by my parents and in- laws and becoming lazier day by day, feeling guilty.I really missed my space and so today I am here with a post.


This is a special dish prepared by my mom using prawns which we all like the most. This is a hot and spicy dish which can be prepared within minutes. This is in fact an Andhra style preparation with slight improvisations by my mom which made the dish amazing.
This dish has the tangyness of tamarind and the prawns are well blended with the gravy. Just try this mouth watering dish and let me know…



Ingredients:
  1. Prawns- 250 gms
  2. Onions- 4 nos
  3. Green Chillies- 3 nos
  4. Ginger and garlic paste- 1 tbsp
  5. Red chilli Powder- 2 tbsp
  6. Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
  7. Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
  8. Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
  9. salt- as required
  10. Tamarind Extract- ¼ Cup
  11. Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
  12. Curry Leaves- few
  13. Coriander Leaves- ½ a bunch
Method:
  1. In a kadai heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add the chopped onions, green chillies and stir well till it turns golden brown.
  2. Add the ginger garlic paste. When it is fried to brown colour add the powders and salt.
  3. Add the cleaned prawns in the above gravy and cover with a lid. When it is cooked add the tamarind extract, mix well and cover again with a lid. When the gravy thickens just add the chopped coriander leaves and serve.






7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...