Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Onion in curd coconut mixture / Ulli Pachadi

When I went to my Aunt’s house for lunch, there was this amazing dish which was white in colour. She is an amazing cook and I know that there will be something special each time we go for lunch. When I asked her about this, she told me that it is made of onions and the taste was truly delicious. I never knew that with just onions and curd, we could make something simple and tasty dish.



Normally in Kerala we make pachadis i.e vegetables in curd gravy, with almost all the veggies, like bitter gourd, ladies finger, cucumber, pineapple or ginger. But it was the first time I tasted pachadi with onions. This dish is a bit sweet because of the onions.


Aunty explained me how to prepare this dish and now this has become a regular side dish along with rice.

Ingredients:
  1. Onions- 2nos / Shallots- 1 cup (chopped)
  2. Grated Coconut- ½ Cup
  3. Curd- 1 Cup
  4. Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
  5. Curry Leaves- few
  6. Salt- as per taste
  7. Oil- 1 tbsp
Method:

  1. Take oil in a kadai and splutter the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
  2. In this fry the chopped onions till translucent.
  3. Grind coconut using little curd and mix in the fried onion, add the remaining curd and mix well.
  4. Adjust the salt according to the taste. Serve with hot steaming rice.




3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...