Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Chicken Pickle

At last I have managed to take some snaps of this chicken pickle before it vanished from the bottle. When I made this pickle, my husband who is a big fan of pickles (especially when it is made  of chicken) said that it would finish off within 2 days and so it happened.



From the time I made this pickle, he was consuming it with almost everything from upma, dosa, rice and even idli !!. So now as it is much in demand, I manage to prepare this often before it gets finished off.

I love to make pickles as this was like a big challenge for me to prepare and store it without getting spoiled. This pickle I never stored in refrigerator. It would stay perfect outside.
From so long I was thinking of preparing this pickle but whenever I fried the chicken pieces, it would be vanished within seconds... But this time I managed to make this when I was alone at home. I googled for many recipes and atlast I finalised with this recipe. I made changes according to my specifications.


Non veg pickles are famous in Kerala. My mom is an expert in fish pickle and my MIL is an expert in Prawn pickle. Here is the recipe of yummy and delicious chicken pickle…

Ingredients:
  1. Boneless Chicken- 250 gms
  2. Turmeric powder- 1tsp
  3. Red Chilli Powder- 2 tbsps
  4. Garam Masala powder- 1 tbsp
  5. Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
  6. For the gravy:
  7. Oil- ¼ cup
  8. Mustard Seeds- 2 tbsp
  9. Red Chillies- 8-10 nos
  10. Curry leaves- few
  11. Green Chillies- 4-5 nos
  12. Ginger( grated)- 2 tbsp
  13. Garlic- 10- 15 pods
  14. Asafoetida- 1 tbsp
  15. Red Chilli Powder- 3 tbsp
  16. Salt- as required
  17. Vinegar- 3- 4 tbsp
Method:

  1. Marinate the chicken pieces with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder,ginger and garlic paste and salt. Keep this aside for about 1hr..
  2. Heat oil in a kadai and fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown in colour. Drain and keep this in a paper towel.
  3. In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, when they splutter add red chillies, curry leaves and stir well.
  4. Add the grated ginger and garlic pods.When they turn golden brown add asafoetida powder and red chilli powder, mix and add the fried chicken pieces and at last add salt and mix well.
  5. Switch off the flame and when it gets cooled add vinegar and enjoy this delicious pickle.



21 comments:

  1. My andhra friend used to bring this for lunch... Need to try this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and tasty looking chicken pickle. Excellent preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Lubna's Ramadan event, Zareena. This is such an interesting dish. Would love to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am sure you will like this.

      Delete
  4. This pickle is looking very nice. First time here. Very happy to follow you

    On-going event: Healthy vegetarian side dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rarely this type of blogs are found with a great information.I would love to suggest people to read your blog and share the information. You want to Enjoy tasty home made pickle India ? Now you can Buy pickles directly from India’s favorite traditional pickle makers right from the comfort of your home.non-vegetarian pickle recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rarely this type of blogs are found with a great information.I would love to suggest people to read your blog and share the information. You want to Enjoy tasty home made pickle India ? Now you can Buy pickles directly from India’s favorite traditional pickle makers right from the comfort of your home.Buy Pickles Online India

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rarely this type of blogs are found with a great information.I would love to suggest people to read your blog and share the information. You want to Enjoy tasty home made pickle India ? Now you can Buy pickles directly from India’s favorite traditional pickle makers right from the comfort of your home.boneless chicken pickle online

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Nice spread. will try this recipe soon and till today I am buying from the famous non veg pickles online store for my kids. will try to make this recipe today following your post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delicious recipe which captivates the taste buds of kids and elders in a family too! I am thankful to you for such a fantastic mild spice chicken pickle. I am sure to try it as it would come for my rescue whenever we run short of any side dish at home. Even guests would love the idea of being served a non-veg pickle! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing health benefits of eating chicken pickles | Premium Chicken pickle manufacturer
    Nice Article! Thanks for sharing this information. https://acharipickle.com/amazing-health-benefits-of-eating-chicken-pickles-premium-chicken-pickle-manufacturer/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it's a nice blog. I sincerely appreciate your blog. I learnt something valuable information from your blog about chicken pickle.
    chicken pickle acharmutton pickle achar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing spicy chicken pickles https://tulasipickles.com/category/non-veg-pickles/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this pickle is looking very nice. First time here. Very happy to follow you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...