Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Orange Burfi- A Sweet dish for a Sweet Occasion

Hi all.Its been more than a month.. How r u all ? For those who were wondering why I went MIA.. I have been busy welcoming by newborn son who came to this world in the last week of Sep!!! and I was busy revising the old lessons.. after a long gap of 6 years…. :)



Meanwhile I have missed my little space a lot but I was catching up with all the recipes my fellow bloggers were posting. Today I am posting a sweet dish which will be loved by all who has a sweet tooth. I tasted this orange burfi when one of our friends bought this from pune. That time itself I had decided to try this out and so I got the opportunity when there were lots of oranges at home.

Orange pulp

Orange Pulp Cooked in Milk
This burfi, which is made from oranges is very famous in Nagpur, yes..the city of oranges... This is a quick dish which can be prepared within minutes.


Ingredients:
  1. Orange- 2 nos
  2. Maida / All Purpose Flour- 1 Cup
  3. Sugar- ½ Cup
  4. Ghee- 4 tbsp
  5. Milk- ½ Cup
  6. Almonds- ½ Cup
Method:

  1. Peel the skin and the transparent skin of orange and keep the orange pulp aside.
  2. Fry the maida on low flame in the ghee till the raw smell disappears and till it turns light brown.
  3. Heat milk, sugar, orange pulp and stir continuously till the mixture thickens.
  4. Add the roasted maida and stir continuously so that there are no lumps and mixed well with milk. Add slight orange edible colour and cook till the mixture separates from the sides of the pan. Remove from stove and pour this in a greased pan, let it cool, decorate with almonds and cut into desired shapes.




4 comments:

  1. Very interesting, unheard till now, looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for an amazing blog! So much work and sharing. I am truly impressed.
    order online food

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'd like to make this for my son's birthday. Will the milk curdle when you add the orange pulp?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...