Saturday, August 6, 2016

Banana Oats Loaf cake and some childhood memories…...


I thought about this banana oats loaf cake is when my husband bought two big packs of old fashioned oats. I didn’t know what to do with the huge packs. My daughter told me to try making varity of dishes with oats. From then on in my house every other day it will be either oats dosa or  oats upma and so on.




One day I thought of preparing a cake with these oats and there were ripe bananas and within an hour an amazing loaf cake was ready. My kids enjoyed them thoroughly.


I was thinking, when we were kids, making a cake was like a dream come true. We used to have a round electric oven, which is used on special occasions to make a basic vanilla sponge cake which we eagerly waited for. My dad used to prepare yummy desserts like kheer, gulab jamun, ice creams, vanilla cake. We used to wait for sunday as that is when he prepares all these varity of desserts and me and my brothers are his assistants. My mom will be free from cooking on sundays. Feeling nostalgic. And not to forget my dad’s famous fluffy omelette, now also whenever we demand he prepares with so much love and effection.Now I am missing it very badly :( I will post that one day in my blog.



Now we will get whatever we want within minutes, either we can buy it or make it at home.  This loaf cake is one such appetizing dessert which will be cherished by all.
Just try this delicious, healthy cake and let me know.
Ingredients:

  1. Banana- 2 nos
  2. Oats- 1 Cup
  3. All Purpose Flour/ Maida 1 Cup
  4. Sugar- ¾ Cup
  5. Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
  6. Raisins- ½ Cup
  7. Butter- ½ Cup
  8. Eggs- 2 nos
  9. Milk- ¼ Cup
  10. Cinnamon Powder- ½ tsp
Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar, till pale and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla essence and beat well with a blender.
  3. Meanwhile mash the bananas, cinnamon powder and add this to the above mixture.
  4. Fold the flour alternating with the milk and mix well. Add raisins. Dust the raisins with 1 tbsp of flour and add to the cake batter or else they will sink to the bottom.
  5. Grease a loaf pan with butter and dust with flour. Pour the batter in the greased cake pan and bake for about 40- 50 minutes or a skewer inserted comes out clean.



1 comment:

  1. Cake looks delicious looking forward for the omellete recipe:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...