Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lemon Blueberry Muffins using Blueberry Compote


When I started baking, I used to try to bake almost all the cakes and among them, I loved citrusy flavor of the lemons. Whenever I go to starbucks, I used to order lemon loaf cake. Then one day I tried making the lemon loaf cake at home which came out successfully.


Blueberries are my favorite among berries. I had so many blueberries left out in refrigerator after making cupcakes, smoothies and so on. So before it gets damaged I thought of preparing blueberry compote, so that I can store them and can use whenever I needed.


By using my favorite ingredient and blueberry compote I thought of preparing something and so this delicious muffins are ready within minutes. Now these muffins have become a staple in my house. We can also make these with fresh blueberries. These muffins are soft, moist, lemony, full of blasted blueberries. These are my daughter’s favorite too. We don’t like to frost cupcakes. Plain is what we prefer the most.



Blueberry Compote:
Ingredients:
  1. Blueberries- 2 Cups
  2. Water- ¼ Cup
  3. Sugar- ¼ Cup
  4. Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
Method:
  • Combine water, sugar and blueberries Boil for about 10 minutes on low flame, till the berries turn soft. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Stir and when it becomes cool, transfer in a glass jar and store in refrigerator.



Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients:
  1. All purpose flour- 2 cups
  2. Baking Soda- 1 tsp
  3. Salt- a pinch
  4. Butter- ½ Cup
  5. Whole Milk- ½ Cup
  6. Sugar- ¾ Cup
  7. Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
  8. Eggs- 2 nos
  9. Lemon Juice- 2 tbsp
  10. Lemon Zest- 1 no
  11. Blueberry Compote- ½ cup
Method:

  1. Beat the butter, sugar along with lemon juice and lemon zest to light and creamy. Beat the eggs along with vanilla essence till fluffy in another bowl.
  2. Mix the egg mixture to the butter- sugar mixture and beat well.
  3. Sieve the flour with baking soda and salt. Fold this flour into the above butter- egg mixture little by little alternating with milk.
  4. Fold well without any lumps Pour this in a greased muffin pans and bake for about 20- 25 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Enjoy warm or cool muffins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...