Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Mysore Pak- A scrumptious and heavenly traditional Indian sweet...



Nowadays in almost all the Indian food blogs, as the festive season is going on, there are recipes for different varieties of mouth-watering desserts. Even I couldn’t resist and thought of making a sweet dish just to satisfy my sweet tooth craving. I decided to try the popular traditional Indian sweet, which is a melt in the mouth and will be loved and enjoyed by all. Mysore pak is my childhood cherished treasure which my dad used to bring often. As I finish it off quickly, my mom used to hide it from me and somehow I sneaked in the kitchen and finished off completely. Feeling nostalgic.
This is a perfect dessert to gift your family or friends. Usually, Indian sweets are not so easy to make. You just need some experience and continuous, nonstop stirring is required.


Mysore Pak is originated from Mysore, which requires a generous amount of ghee, gram flour, and sugar. Once it is done, it is poured into a greased pan to set. While it is still warm, we have to cut in required pieces and once it gets completely cooled, we can enjoy the delicious dessert. But after I poured the hot mixture into the greased pan, I set the mixture for too long and forgot to cut into perfect squares. Meanwhile, I took my kids to my friend's place and completely forgot about the dish.When I came back home, I realized that Mysore pak is fully set and cooled completely. It was hard to cut with a knife and so I have to break them using hands. So the shape is not proportionate, but the taste was amazing. Try this out and let me know.


Ingredients:
  1. Gram Flour/ Besan- ½ Cup
  2. Sugar- 1 Cup
  3. Clarified Butter/ Ghee- 2 tbsp
  4. Oil- 4 tbsp
Method:
  1. Sift the flour using a sieve, this will help reduce the lumps. Grease a pan. Take the sugar in a heavy thick bottomed pan, add a half cup of water and let it boil for about one string consistency.
  2. Add the flour slowly into the sugar syrup on a low flame and mix until smooth.
  3. Slowly add the oil and ghee in intervals till it finishes. Stir well. At one stage the color will change and there will be a nice aroma of the fried flour.
  4. It becomes frothy after some time the mixture will start leaving the sides of the pan. Switch off the flame and pour this hot mixture into the greased pan and spread with the back of a spoon.
  5. When it becomes warm or slightly cooled cut into desired shapes and enjoy a delicious homemade dessert with family and friends.
Notes:

  • The sugar syrup should be exactly of one string consistency.
  • Make sure the flour doesn’t have any lumps.
  • Cut into desired shapes when the mixture is hot. I let it set so long that it was hard for me to cut using a knife and I break them into pieces using the hand.



3 comments:

  1. Wow my favorite!! I didn't know it was so simple to make.. Thanks for the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post! this is amazing and mouth-watering. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
    Traditional Indian Food

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful blog, thank you so much for sharing it with us. For eating different types of veg and nonveg Indian food, you have to visit a Indian Restaurant in Melbourne named Chola's Indian Restaurant. You will get proper serving service from the staff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...