Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Amaranth Leaf Patties/ Cheera Cutlet/ Thotakoora Cutlet


Amaranth leaves are power packed with lots and lots of vitamins, minerals, iron and so on. These greens form an integral part of Indian Cuisine. As these leaves are loaded with nutrients and proteins, I will make sure to include these greens in almost everything I make.
Amaranth leaves also called as Cheera in our language is a staple green at our place. My mom makes different varieties of dishes with these greens. Because of that, I like them a lot in any form. When we came to the US, these greens were seldom in Indian stores. But when we get this, I buy then in a bulk and so I will wash and chop them and keep it in airtight containers in the refrigerator.  My friends who are close to me, know very well about my love for greens.


Recently for a get-together, I thought of making cutlets using these leaves.  I made these cutlets for the first time, which turned out delicious and my friends liked them a lot. 
Sauting these leaves along with spices and mixing with boiled potatoes, which is then dipped in maida batter and bread crumbs, fried to a nice golden color. is the way to make perfect and scrumptious patties which I think you all might like to try. Let me know how it turned out.


Ingredients:

  1. Amaranth Leaves (chopped)- 2 Cups
  2.  Potatoes (Boiled and Mashed)- 3/4 Cup
  3. Oil- 1 tbsp
  4. Onions( chopped)- 1 no
  5. Ginger and Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
  6. Red Cilli powder- 1 Tsp
  7. Turmeric powder- 1 Tsp
  8. Garam Masala Powder- 1 Tsp
  9. Salt- as required
  10. All-Purpose Flour- 1 tbsp
  11. Water- 1/4 Cup
  12. Bread Crumbs- 1 Cup
  13. Oil- 4- 5 tbsp (for shallow frying)

Method:

  1. Mix the Maida in water without any lumps and keep this aside. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate for later use.
  2. Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped onions and stir fry till it turns translucent. Add the ginger- garlic paste along with the chopped amaranth leaves. Mix well.
  3. Add all the powders along with required amount of salt. Saute well till the leaves get cooked. For about 10 minutes on low flame.
  4. Transfer this to a mixing bowl along with boiled potatoes. Mix till everything gets well blended.
  5. Shape them in the form of patties. Dip each pattie in the maida batter and press them on the bread crumbs and shallow fry them in oil on a low flame till golden color on both the sides.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...