Monday, December 13, 2021

Air-Fryer Crispy Potatoes- A simple & elegant side dish with rice!!!


My friend (Subha), who is a great cook always makes these fried potatoes but not in air-fryer. She used to  saute the cubed potatoes in little oil till they turn golden and crispier. Ones, when I went to her house, I had it which reminded me of my mom's potatoes, who makes exactly like these. But whenever I tried making them at home, they would never turn out perfect. Either I had to add lots of oil as potatoes absorb oil or they got burnt. I used to think, the dish which doesn't take much time to make has become complicated for me.


Then one day I tried making them in air-fryer which doesn't require much oil and ta-da, they turned out perfect. I started making them frequently as my family loves the dish. Air-fryer does some kind of magic on potatoes. Crispy out side and perfectly soft inside. These are the most addicting side dish. I am sure that everybody might know how to make these but I realized that with less/ no oil we can make these perfect. Try this easy dish and let me know.


Ingredients:

  1. Potatoes( washed & cubed)- 3Cups
  2. Red Chili powder- 1 tbsp
  3. Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
  4. Salt- as required
  5. Oil- 1 tbsp
  6. Sambhar powder- 1 tbsp

Method:

  1. Toss all the powders along with cubed potatoes and oil in a bowl.
  2. Place these potatoes in the air-fryer basket and cook at 370 degrees F for 15- 20 minutes. The potatoes will turn golden in color.
  3. Enjoy this with warm rice and rasam.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...