Chili con Carne is a traditional meal of Latin America, with red beans and small pieces of meat. I have made it in Indian style as we wont get most of the ingredients in India.
I learnt this recipe from my bro who is a perfect cook in these type of dishes. He made this dish one day when we were at his house and it was during hot summer afternoon, the dish was really spicy that my husband was sweating all along while eating this. But the taste was yummy. This time I thought of preparing this recipe as I never made it and it came out perfect. But this time I made it less spicy for my Husband :-)
- Pasta(Spagetti)- 500gms
- Minced Mutton / Kheema- 250gms
- Kidney beans / Rajma- 1cup
- Green chillies- 3-4nos (as per your spice level)
- Tomatoes- 3nos
- Potatoes- 1nos
- Carrot- 1nos
- Green peas- 1cup
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Onions- 1no
- Ginger- 1tbsp
- Garlic- 1tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1tbsp
- Red chilly powder- 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- 2tsp
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Cook the pasta, drain it and keep it aside.
- Take minced meat, chopped onions, ginger- garlic paste, chopped green chillies, Coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and little salt in a pressure cooker and cook till the meat is cooked well.
- Soak kidney beans for 3-4 hrs and then cook in cooker till soft.
- Cook carrots, potatoes and green peas well.
- Keep the tomatoes in boiled water for 5 minutes and close with lid. Take out the tomatoes peel the skin and remove the seeds and puree the tomatoes.
- Now heat a pan add oil, when it is hot add the cooked meat mixture, kidney beans and vegetables and mix well.
- Add the tomato puree,cumin powder and required amount of salt to the above mixture and stir well. Cook till all the water gets evaporated.The gravy must be thick.
- Top the pasta with the above made chili con carne and serve.
- It can be served with tacos, bread, tortilla chips and also rice.
- We can also add sweet corn, capsicum along with vegetables.