This is a simple and quick dessert to prepare. This is prepared by cooking bottle guard and tapioca balls along with sweetened milk and adding nuts. This is also called as Dil-e-firdaus. This dessert also acts as a coolant for the body. This kheer if served in small earthen ware bowls will be more delicious. My Husband, who usually doesn’t like khaddu, liked this dish :-)
- Bottle guard- ½ kg
- Sago / Sabu dhaana / Tapioca balls- 50gms
- Khoya- 125gms
- Sugar- 150gms
- Milk- 1lt
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Almond- handful
- Heat ½ lt milk, add gourd and cook till tender.
- In another dish, cook sago in remaining milk till it becomes transparent.
- Add sugar and khoya to it and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add bottle gourd mixture and cardamom powder.
- Serve it chilled or hot with garnished nuts.