Ivy gourd in any form, I love it.This chutney I tasted when I was in school. My friends used to bring this for lunch and we used to share our food. I loved this a lot and told my mom to make this the next day. My mom who only makes Kerala dishes didnt know what I was talking about (that was the first time she heard about that). She called her Andhra-ite friend and made this for my lunch. Now also whenever I feel a bit lazy I make this chutney, as this is very easy to make. I love this chutney a lot.
- Ivy gourd / Tindora- 250gms
- Tamarind- Small piece
- Onions- 1no
- Green chillies- 3nos
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Clean and cut tindora to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cut tindora pieces, roughly chopped onions, chopped green chillies, tamarind and salt.
- Fry for some time till the tindora pieces become soft. Cool it and grind it coarsely.
- Enjoy this with hot rice and ghee.