Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dondakaya pachadi / Ivy gourd / Tindora chutney


Ivy gourd in any form, I love it.This chutney I tasted when I was in school. My friends used to bring this for lunch and we used to share our food. I loved this a lot and told my mom to make this the next day. My mom who only makes Kerala dishes didnt know what I was talking about (that was the first time she heard about that). She called her Andhra-ite friend and made this for my lunch. Now also whenever I feel a bit lazy I make this chutney, as this is very easy to make. I love this chutney a lot.


Ingredients:
  1. Ivy gourd / Tindora- 250gms
  2. Tamarind- Small piece
  3. Onions- 1no
  4. Green chillies- 3nos
  5. Salt- to taste
  6. Oil- 1tbsp
Method:
  1. Clean and cut tindora to small pieces.
  2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the cut tindora pieces, roughly chopped onions, chopped green chillies, tamarind and salt.
  3. Fry for some time till the tindora pieces become soft. Cool it and grind it coarsely.
  4. Enjoy this with hot rice and ghee.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a quick, new chutney with tindora! Hey do you have it with rice or bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can eat this with rice and also with dosa.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...