Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chocos Cookie Biscuits


Its Valentines day and I decided to bake some cookies to bring in the V-day. I wanted to try my own version of baking and ended up with these yummy cookie biscuits. I am happy that it was an instant hit in my house. Valentines day is time to be passionate about chocolates and so I decided to make this choco based cookies.
I shaped the cookies with my newly bought cookie cutter and was able to get some cute shapes as well. This is the first “V” Day since I started this blog and I thought of celebrating it with a new recipe :-)
So, here you go ...

Heart shaped cookies before baking

Ingredients:
  1. All purpose flour / Maida- 150gms
  2. Butter- 50gms
  3. Milkmaid- ½ can
  4. Kellogg's Chocos- 1cup (crushed coarsely)
  5. Baking Powder- a pinch
  6. Cocoa powder- 1tbsp
  7. Drinking Chocolate powder- 2tbsp

Method:
  1. Sift all purpose flour , baking powder, cocoa powder and drinking chocolate powder in a bowl.
  2. Pour melted butter and milkmaid in a bowl and mix it with a hand blender smoothly till fluffy.
  3. Add the crushed chocos to the butter mixture and mix well.
  4. Into this, add the sifted flour mixture and mix with hand till it forms a smooth dough just like chapathi dough.
  5. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and roll it in the form of chapathis and cut desired shape with a cookie cutter.
  6. Pre heat the oven to 180 deg C and bake the cookie biscuits for 10-12 minutes.
  7. Cool these cookie biscuits and store it in an air tight container.
Cookie biscuits after baking




I decorated these with coloured vermicelli, jelly roses and chuckles.

8 comments:

  1. This cookie biscuit was so nice...so soft...I loved it.

    PS: I had the privilege of having it immediately after she prepared:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chinchu for your lovely comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. cookies look perfectly baked...love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so cute! Hope you had a lovely time with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nash. Yeah, I had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very tempting! U have a lovely space with a nice collection of recipes .Do drop by my space when u find time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Than you Padhu for your sweet notes. Sure I am gonna drop by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...