This is a very famous Iranian dessert. I tasted this when we recently visited a Sufi restaurant.We wanted to try something unique so thought of going there. It was worth visiting the place for its Iraninan ambience. We liked all the dishes what we tried and this dessert was a real summary of their amazing cuisine.
I liked this dessert so much that I got the recipe from the restaurant itself and made it. In the first attempt, it did not taste as good as I had it at Sufi, but eventually it improved and I thought of sharing this recipe with all of you.
This is a very quick and nutritious dessert and has stunning visual effect, soft dates stuffed with roasted walnuts. The main ingredient is the butter roasted flour. The taste and texture is terrific and it easily melts in your mouth. My little one loves this a lot.
Traditinonally it is said that ranginak is served with a hot cup of persian tea.I am happy that it came out exactly like what we had in restaurant. This is also called as persian nut fudge.
- All purpose flour- 2cups
- Clarified butter- 1cup
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Dates- 4 to 5 nos
- Walnuts- 4-5nos
- Dry roast the walnut in askillet and keep it aside.
- Half slit the dates and stuff with roasted walnuts.
- Take a non stick pan and add the butter and when it melts add required amount of sugar(adjust the sugar as per taste) and stir well till the sugar melts.
- Add the flour and stir well till it becomes light brown colour.
- Pour the flour mix in a flat dish and flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Place each stuffed dates on the flour mix.
- Serve this warm.
Please watch out for the restaurant reviews in this blog.
The dessert which we ate in the restaurant was like this