Kabab refers to a variety of meat dishes consisting of grilled or broiled meats on stick or skewer. I tried this so many times and it is a hit among friends and family. This time also I thought of making this kabab as we had some guests for lunch and as I was preparing the menu my Husband told me to include this as they were huge fans of chicken.
You want to know how I learned this method? This is from a book called Sanjeev kapoor’s Khana khazana. I got this from one of my friend who is a pure vegetarian and she got this set of khana khazana books as a wedding gift.
- Chicken drumsticks- 4nos
- Lemon Juice- ½ tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Green chillies (chopped)-2nos
- Curd- ½ cup
- Gram flour / Besan- 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tbsp
- Garam Masala powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder (kashmiri)- 1tsp
- Salt- as required
- Clean and drain the chicken drumsticks with kitchen towel. Make 3-4 long deep incisions and apply lemon juice and keep aside.
- Hang curd in a muslin cloth for about 30 minutes to drain off excess water.
- Roast the gram flour in a low heat and mix this along with hung curd, green chillies, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with the above mixture and refrigerate for almost 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and this for 5 minutes in an oven proof bowl. Now reduce the oven temparature to 180 degrees C and cook for 30- 40 minutes or till it is completly cooked. In between turn the drumsticks couple of times for even cooking.
- Serve hot.
I am sending this to Treat to eyes series, hosted by Rumana.