These churros are also known as Spanish doughnuts. Spanish eat these churros as breakfast dipped in hot chocolate. These are made in different varieties in different places. These are long, straight or slightly curled lengths that are ridges. They are popular in Spain, France, Latin America and so on.
I got the idea of making this when I was discussing about what to make for iftar with my brother, he gave me the idea of trying these churros as when I visited his place in Belgium, we searched for these churros, but to our bad luck we couldn’t spot any. He told me to try to make these at home and that day he insisted me and for the next few hours I googled for these churros and so you all can see the final result. Try these amazingly delicious sugar- cinnamon coated churros dipped in a bowl of creamy chocolate sauce and let me know....
- Maida / All purpose flour- ½ Cup
- Water- ½ Cup
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 1tsp
- Egg- 1 no
- Sugar (coarsely ground)- ½ Cup
- Cinnamon powder- 2 tbsp
For the Chocolate Dip:
- Chocolate (chopped)- ¼ Cup
- Fresh Cream- ½ Cup
For the dough:
- Combine water, butter, salt and oil. Bring to boil. Add flour and mix well till it forms a ball.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add vanilla essence. Mix well till the dough cools a bit.
- Add the egg and mix well till everything is well blended and forms a sticky dough.
- Transfer this into a ziplock bag and keep this aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying. Mix cinnamon powder and coarsely ground sugar in a bowl.
- Cut the edge of the ziplock bag little big and pipe strips of dough into hot oil and fry till golden brown, drain on paper towels. Repeat the process till finished.
- Roll these churros in cinnamon- sugar mixture and arrange them in a plate.
For the Chocolate dip:
- Pour the cream in a bowl and heat it on low flame.Do not boil. Switch off the flame.
- Add the chocolate pieces and stir it well it all the pieces are melted.
- Dip the warm churros in the chocolate dip and bite into a delicious dish...
Note: The length of churros has become small as the kadai which I used for deep frying was small.