After Eid blast, am back with an amazing sweet dish, which is not only easy but tasty and a mouth-watering preparation. At home this is made in the morning on the day of Eid, as it can be served to the guests who come home to greet, and also to other friends and neighbours. Along with this we make paal payasam or ada pradhaman or parippu payasam as well.
- Vermicelli- 1 Cup
- Sugar- ¼ Cup
- Milk Maid- ½ tin
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Milk- 1ltr
- Cardamom Powder- 2 tsp
- Dry Dates- 3 nos
- Almonds Flakes- ¼ Cup
- Cashew (chopped)- ¼ Cup
- Heat a tbsp of ghee and roast the nuts till golden brown, Keep it aside. In the same bowl heat another tbsp of ghee and roast the vermicelli for 4- 5 minutes.
- Heat milk in a bowl. When it boils lower the flame and stir it for another 10- 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well. In this add the vermicelli and stir well for another 15 minutes.
- Soak the dates in hot water for some time and then remove the seeds. Chop them into small pieces and keep it aside.
- At last add the milkmaid and mix well for 5 minutes. Garnish with the nuts and chopped dates and serve hot.
My little one was waiting to taste....