Once in awhile my husband brings brownies from his office, which were heavenly delicious. The brownies which I make at home doesn’t taste like those at all. I wondered how they made these scrumptious brownies and tried making different versions from different blogs and from youtube, but they never tasted like the ones which he bought.
One day as usual when I was watching Alton Brown’s “Good Eats, I saw him making brownies which is one of his all time favorites and noted down the ingredients. Thought to give it a try and made them one day. When I tasted, I realised that these were the brownies which I was trying to prepare.These tasted exactly like the ones which my husband bought from office.
These are the best brownies I have ever tasted. Adding more cocoa powder than the flour was the secret to these brownies. A slight bitter taste of the cocoa powder gives a deep chocolate flavor to the baked brownies. If you want you can sprinkle some cocoa powder on top. Enjoy the tiny square of brownie along with warm milk.
- Flour- ¼ Cup
- Sugar- 1 Cup
- Eggs- 2 no
- Butter- ½ Cup
- Cocoa Powder- ¾ Cup
- Salt- a pinch
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Cream the eggs along with vanilla extract, till creamy and fluffy.
- Add the butter and sugar. Beat well till everything gets mixed well.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and salt and add this to the wet ingredients and fold slowly till everything gets blended well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. grease a baking pan with butter and flour.
- Pour the above made brownie mixture to the pan and bake for about 35- 40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy the delicious brownies.