The weather is getting colder and colder and so a warm, filling and flavor full soups are the perfect antidote to chilly winter weathers.This healthy soup can be prepared within 15- 20 minutes and everybody will enjoy this delicious soup.
This is an ultimate comfort soup, which is very filling than regular food. You just need some tomatoes, onions and garlic for an incredible bowl of soup. Here the tomatoes are blanched, chopped, cooked, blended and served. Garnish with some crunchy, delicious croutons and enjoy a hot steaming bowl of soup.
The steps for preparing this soup looks tedious, but once you gather all the ingredients, this can be prepared in no time.
There is anything more comforting than being in the kitchen experiencing the simmer smells of this simple homemade tomato soup. Just try this out and let me know….
- Tomatoes- 4 nos
- Onions- 2 nos
- Garlic Chopped- 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Water- 1 Cup
- Salt- as required
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1 tbsp
- Bread Slices- 3
- Corn Flour- 1 tsp
- Water- 3 tbsp
- Cut the edges of the bread slices and toast them on a hot tawa till it turns brown and crisp or preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and toast the bread to nice crisp and brown. Cut into square pieces and keep this aside.
- Boil enough water to immerse the tomatoes. When the water gets the rolling boil, switch off the flame and immerse the tomatoes completely in the water and close with a lid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan, add the bay leaf. Saute the chopped onions and chopped garlic with required amount of salt.
- In a small bowl mix cornflour and water into a semi-paste and keep this aside.
- Drain the water in which the tomatoes are immersed. Peel the skin of the tomatoes and slice them into cubes.
- Add these tomato cubes to the onion mixture, mix well. Pour 1 cup of water, add salt and pepper.
- Stir on a medium flame. Add sugar, stir well and switch off the flame. When it gets cooled, pour the contents into a high-speed blender and process till desired consistency.
- Transfer the contents in the blender to the pan on a medium heat, let it simmer. When the soup comes to a gentle boil, pour the cornflour paste, stir till the soup thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. Serve these in soup bowls along with the prepared bread croutons and parsley and enjoy steaming hot soup.