I am not a big fan of energy or granola bars. But these changed my thinking completely. I tasted these once when my daughter after her swimming class bought these granola bars from the vending machine.It was so crisp and not much sweet, I loved it. I thought of giving it a try at home as homemade is always the best.
I googled and got this recipe. It’s fun and easy to make the bars. This is a basic recipe. You can add different nuts, different cereals, different grains of your choice. This is so easy to make that before it gets over I will be ready with the next batch. Now this has become our family favorite. The specialty of these granola bars are you can make these as you wish, just that you should know the base. Try this out and let me know.
Adapted from Bettycrocker:
- Old fashioned oats- 2 ½ cups
- Honey- ¼ Cup
- Sugar- ¼ Cup
- Organic Coconut oil- ¼ Cup
- Vanilla Essence- ½ Cup
- Raisins- ¼ Cup
- Baking Powder- ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix the coconut oil, honey, sugar along with vanilla extract.
- Meanwhile grind ½ Cup oats in a blender till fine. Mix the regular oats along with powdered oats to the above made honey mixture.
- Stir well so that all the ingredients blend well.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture evenly in the pan. Press firmly and evenly.
- Bake for about 15- 20 minutes. When done, cut into desired shapes while still warm or else they will firm and crisp as they cool. Break into pieces and enjoy.