This is one of the easiest side dish, which goes along with rotis or pulav. It is optional to add the pav bhaji masala, without that masala also this tastes great. If you have potatoes and green peas in your pantry, then within minutes a tasty dish would be ready.
In this, the cubed potatoes and green peas are cooked along with the spice powders and finished off by adding crushed dried fenugreek leaves which give an amazing flavor to the gravy.
This dish is pretty easy to make and adds a zing to any meal. When potatoes are paired with green peas, it gives an amazing combination, which is liked by all. Try this out and let me know.
- Potatoes (cubed)- 2 Cups
- Peas- 1 Cup
- Onions (chopped)- 1 cup
- Green Chillies (slit)- 3 nos
- Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala- 1 tbsp (optional)
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves/ Kasoori Methi- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds- 2 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Heat oil, splutter mustard and cumin seeds. Drop the chopped onions along with green chillies.
- Saute till the onions turn translucent. Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and cumin powder.
- Add the cubed potatoes and stir till everything gets well blended. Pour about ½ a cup of water and cook the potatoes by closing with a lid for about 10 minutes.
- Add the green peas and let this cook for another 5 minutes. Saute well, add the pav bhaji masala, stir.
- At last after 5 minutes add the dried fenugreek leaves, mix and switch off. Serve with hot chapatis or rotis.