Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Eggless Honey Cake



This eggless honey cake I have seen in many blogs and wanted to try the unique taste of honey which in cakes is new to me. I have never tasted a honey cake before, but this cake is most popular in almost all the bakeries across India.
Basically, it is a vanilla sponge cake, soaked in honey syrup which is spread with mixed jam with a sprinkle of desiccated coconut. This cake is so moist, juicy, soft and cool. The cake absorbs all the honey syrup and gets soaked well. Though this cake has condensed milk and honey, we won’t feel the cake to be sweeter. It is just perfect.



Today for my husband’s birthday I baked this honey cake and as he is not a big coconut lover, instead of desiccated coconut I sprinkled slivered almond, which also tasted yumm. This cake turned out perfectly delicious and so they got finished as soon as the cake is cut.


Usually, this cake gets the red color because of the mixed jam, but for my cake, as I didn’t have the jam at home, I prepared the strawberry jam instantly and when it is cooled, I spread it on top of the cake. So everything is freshly made and I am sure that this will be a show stopper in any parties or birthdays. Just serve them cut into squares and this cake will be enjoyed by all and kids will love this as the cake is soaked in honey and spread with jam which is sprinkled with almonds or coconut. Try this out and let me now.


Ingredients:
For Syrup
  1. Water- ½ Cup
  2. Sugar- 2 tbsp
  3. Honey- ¼ Cup
For topping:
  1. Slivered Almonds- As needed
Method:

  1. Prepare the eggless vanilla cake. When the cake is cooled down, prick the whole cake using a toothpick.
  2. Prepare the sugar syrup by boiling the water along with sugar. When the sugar dissolves, mix and switch off the flame.
  3. When it is slightly warm add the honey and mix till it dissolves. Pour this all over the pricked cake.
  4. Over this cake, spread the jam using a spoon and cover it fully. Sprinkle the slivered almonds on top of the cake and cut into required pieces and enjoy.



2 comments:

  1. The cake looks lovely. We get it across bakeries in India topped with jam and desiccated coconut sprinkled! This used to be our sunday treat as kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My website goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!
    black seed oil hair loss treatment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...