My mom used to prepare different varieties of fish curry like with coconut, with coconut milk, mulakitta meen curry, adding vinegar and so on. Each one has its unique flavors. In all these, I love this raw mango one. The tanginess of mangoes combines with the fish pieces, which is well blended with ground coconut paste and served along with steaming hot rice, is a lip smacking dish. Am I overexcited here ??… :)
Try this amazing dish and let me know…
- Fish Pieces- 1 kg
- Shallots (sliced)- ¼ Cup
- Green Chillies- 3- 4 nos
- Raw Mango pieces- ½ mango cut into big slices
- Ginger- a inch piece
- Garlic- 5- 6 cloves
- Grated Coconut- ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Curry Leaves- few
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Grind the grated coconut along with red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder till it forms a paste.
- Heat oil in an earthenware pot / a kadai. Add the sliced shallots, green chillies, crushed ginger and garlic. Stir and add the curry leaves.
- Add the sliced mango pieces and toss it well. In this add the coconut paste and little water. Stir well and close with a lid.
- When the gravy starts boiling add the fish pieces and cook it covered for another 15 minutes until the gravy thickens and switch off the flame.
- Delicious fish curry is ready to serve.