Monday, January 24, 2011

Chocolate Brownies


Yesterday was our wedding anniversary and I thought of making something sweet which I never tried before.  I didn’t want to bake a cake as always, so I thought of baking something different. The best part of baking is the aroma that fills in the house.
I came across this recipe from one of my old collections, which I had written in my diary long time back. As I had all the ingredients handy, I thought of trying this out. I tasted the brownies when I went to a coffee shop. I generally love anything made with chocolates J
After making these and taking some snaps of these brownies, I was transferring the pics to my comp. After returning, to my dismay, only 2 or 3 brownies were left. My little one and my Husband ate them all. However I was really happy that they liked it so much and wanted more of it.


Ingredients:
  1. Chocolate -1/4 cup
  2. Butter -60gms
  3. All purpose floor –1 cup
  4. Baking powder - ½ cup
  5. Eggs -2nos
  6. Salt –a pinch
  7. Sugar – ¾ cup
  8. Vanilla -1tsp
  9. Almonds - ½ cup



Method:
  1. Sift all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
  2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler or keeping the bowl over hot water.
  3. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar into the eggs slowly. Mix well.
  4. Blend in the butter and chocolate mixture and stir in the sifted flour, vanilla and crushed almonds.
  5. Pour this brownie batter in a greased and floured cake tin. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Bake the batter for about 25-30 minutes.
  6. Brownies are done when a pricked toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature.
  7. Dust it with powdered sugar and cut into square cubes   


I am sending these chocolate brownies to Delicious Desserts, an event hosted byWhat's Cooking today!!




6 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your anniversary !! Great dish by the way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy Zareena,
    First time here...fascinating space you have...wishing you all d success..:)
    scrumptious chocolate brownies...wanna try asap..

    Glad to follow u...
    Do stop by mine sometime...
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jay.Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely clicks! brownie is a classic favourite :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...