- Rice flour- 2cups
- Besan/gram flour- 1/2cup
- Asafoetida- 1/4tsp
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- as needed
- Oil- for deep frying
- Mix rice flour, gram flour, asafoetida, butter and salt in a bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients with enough water and mix to form a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Place the dough in a sev mould, press and squeeze by hand through the sev into hot oil.
- Repeat this process till all the dough is finished.
- Deep fry rice sev on medium heat until it is light brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.