- Vanpayar/black eyed beans- 1cup
- Onions(chopped)- 2nos
- Green chillies(slit)- 3nos
- Water- 2cups
- Red chilli powder(kashmiri)- 21/2tbsp
- Coriander powder- 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Tamarind juice-1/2cup
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Soak vanpayar (beans) for 1hr and cook it in pressure cooker with enough water,till soft.
- Heat oil in a kadai, splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add onions and green chillies and saute well till golden brown.
- Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well till the raw smell of the powders are gone. Now pour the tamarind juice and mix well.
- At last add the cooked beans. Do not add water as the cooked water will be there and let it boil for some time till less water is remaining.
- This can be served with rice.