Raw banana thoran is a delectable vegetable preparation with chopped raw bananas and coconut. This is an easy to make side dish which takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
- Raw banana- 2nos
- Water- as required
- Coconut(grated)- 1cup
- Green chillies- 3nos
- Cumin seeds- 1/2tsp
- Garlic- 2cloves
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Mustard seeds- 1/2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Peel the bananas, cut into small pieces and wash them properly.
- Take a pan and put the sliced bananas, turmeric powder, salt and water as required and cook it.
- Grind coconut, green chillies, cumin seeds and garlic coarsely.
- Add this to the cooked bananas and mix it properly and saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add curry leaves and pour this to the cooked banana mixture and mix till it blends well.
- Serve warm with rice.