Monday, December 6, 2010

Aloo Gobi Masala

As my Husband needs chappathis for dinner,  daily I have to think of making different curries. Since the curry made for rice is not suitable for chappathis,  I was searching one of my recipe diaries and I got this dish which I wanted to give a try. The main vegetable required in this gravy is cauliflower, which my Husband doesn't like at all ( btw, there are so many vegetables which he doesn't like and I love all the vegetables). So I thought of adding potatoes so that he can also enjoy the gravy. When I served this curry along with chappathi, he tasted the cauliflower and I ended up making extra chappathis for him:-). This one is quite easy to make.



Ingredients:

  1. Cauliflower- 1/2kg
  2. Potatoes(peeled and disced)- 2nos
  3. Oil- 3tbsp
  4. Mustard Seeds- 2tsp
  5. Ginger(grated)- 2tbsp
  6. Onions(chopped)- 2nos
  7. Tomatoes- 2nos
  8. Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
  9. Red Chilli powder- 1tbsp
  10. Coriander powder- 1tbsp
  11. Garam Masala- 1/2tsp
  12. Asofoetida- 1/2tsp
  13. Curd- 3tbsp
  14. Green chillies(slit lengthwise)- 3nos
  15. salt- as per tate
  16. Water- 1cup

Method:

  1. Cut the cauliflower into medium pieces and wash in warm turmeric water. Drain it and keep aside for 
  2. sometime.
  3. Grind the tomatoes to paste.
  4. Heat 2tbsp oil in a kadai and fry drained cauliflower lightly and keep aside.
  5. In the same kadai, pour 1tbsp oil add mustard seeds, when they splutter fry grated ginger along with chopped onions and salt till golden brown.
  6. Now add tomato paste and green chillies and mix well.Add curd little by little.
  7. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and asofoetida then stir well.
  8. At last add fried cauliflower, potatoes and water. Cook on mediun heat till it is well blended and all the 
  9. water is dried up. Mix in between.
  10. Now this is ready to serve along with chappathis.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...